Choosing The Right Shampoo For Your Hair Type
Know your scalp type
You need to know what type of scalp you have before you buy a shampoo. The purpose of a shampoo is to get rid of the oil, dirt and dead cells that are accumulated on your scalp, hence it is meant for your scalp. If your scalp is oily then you should get a shampoo that is meant for oily scalp. If you want volume in your hair, then you need a volumizing shampoo. Or if you have a dandruff problem, then an anti-dandruff shampoo will do the job for you.
Many online sites have a wide variety of shampoos to choose from and also have a filter that divides shampoos into categories for easier selection. Use Loreal Triple Resist Reinforcing Haircare Shampoo if your hair is suffering from breakage.
For oily scalp
If you have an oily scalp, then you probably know the struggle that goes into making them look good. You might have tried changing shampoos, washing patterns and much more. There are a few factors that need consideration when choosing a shampoo for oily scalp.
- Shampoos that are hydrating and moisturizing need to be avoided at all costs. These are suitable for normal scalp types and dry scalp types but for oily scalp is a disaster. It's like adding more oil onto your already oily scalp.
- Look for shampoos that strengthen and volumize as they tend to remove oil from the scalp.
- Clarifying shampoos work best with oily scalps. They effectively remove oil and dirt but be careful with shampooing too often as you don't want to over dry your scalp.
- Massaging your scalp while shampooing increases blood circulation and gets rid of all the buildup of oil and dirt.
For dry scalp
Dry scalp results in dandruff and itchiness. Dandruff is very embarrassing especially when it is a lot and starts to fall on to your shoulders as well. Dry scalp needs moisture and choosing the right type of shampoo for this scalp type can be very challenging. There are a few factors to consider when buying a shampoo for dry scalp type:
- Strengthing and volumizing shampoo may be healthy for oily scalp type but are very harmful to dry scalps. They tend to strip away moisture that is required for a dry scalp.
- Look for shampoos that hydrate and moisturize. These will add extra moisture that the dry scalp needs in order to be normal.
- Shampoos that are made specifically for dry scalps can be very beneficial. They have ingredients that can moisten the dry scalp.
- Remember, always avoid shampoos containing sulfate, as they tend to dry out the scalp and hair.
- Don't avoid shampooing even when your scalp is dry. Shampooing scalp is very important for the health of your hair.